Wednesday 25 May 2011

More from Small Pith and some Prospects

My friend Small Pith returns with another one of his bizarre blogs. I love Small, honestly I do, but I think the guy has...problems. He was hugely behind Jean Pascal this past weekend, he said he had a £500 bet on Pascal by stoppage, though I've yet to see his betting slip. Now he's unleashed a fury at Hopkins, claiming Joe Bugner is the real record holder for oldest champion. Whilst I do write for and administer the site the writers have been given free reign to literally write anything they want, I don't censor what they write on the site so take his views...as those of a crazyman.

What I do have complete control over is this site, and a prospect site. It's the prospect site that actually has taken my attention this past week. It's one of the more interesting sides of the sport though one a lot of people don't really pay attention to until prospects become contenders and it's a real shame. This past week I've looked at 3 different prospects already and they are all really exciting youngsters:

Firstly one Daniel “Bad Boy” Rosas, a fighter who seem destined for greatness and has had a tough start to his career. The piece on Rosas can be read here:

Secondly was the youngest prospect I could find. 16 year old Robert Manzanarez, a fighter who made his debut at just 15 years old and is now unbeaten in 10 fights. The piece on Manzanarez is here.

Most recently was a piece on a Nicaraguan some are already declaring a future world champion. Carlos Buitrago, a 19 year old who is well on his way forward. The piece on Buitrago can be read here

There will be more fighters going on that site over the coming weeks, so stay tuned there.


No comments:

Post a Comment